- Most important rule: You might be tech/sales/BD/product guy but in a startup CEO is most imp. HR guy
- Sacrifice air/hotl miles, spend time in office w/ team. Listen, co-ordi and measure - let others acquire miles,see exotic places
- Imp CEO lesson: u r not a judge. Be a mavrick, treat diff. People differently based on the badges and scars they have earned.
- Set audacious goals - imagine you are trying to overthrow a dictator. Ensure team w/ skills to scale such heights. Not done it before.
- Ensure u connect with each individual and commit to taking care of whatever is most imp. For them so they can focus totally
- Another lesson: Remove separation between two txns with one entity and link them together if u benefit #reliance style
- Talk abt other party's P&L while keeping ur cashflow mind w dealin w bigcos. Few CEOs and BDguys knw tis trick& so do smll deals
- If u r doing a deal with some1 with no cash down, can u get further with money on table. can they give u credit to give cash??!!
- And finally - as the CEO be the good guy at the top and 'Do what you say you will do' - people must trust u to b sensible
- Never indulge in mud wrstlin/street figtin-is not done by CEOs - startup or big co. Boardroom battles are fine ;-)
- trust ur team.B clear that u will not police,violation of trust is death. U r after all overthrowin dictator
Sunday, May 16, 2010
Some CEO tips from Twitter
Feeling a bit lazy on a sunday so thought I would cross post some of my tweets. Here goes the first series: essentially a random set of tips for CEOs
For more such stuff follow me on twitter - @roshandsilva
at May 16, 2010
Given that my last post discourages entrepreneurs from raising debt apart from a few specific cases namely:- 1. Very high ROCE low risk bus...
Image by Danard Vincente via Flickr Sorry everyone, know I promised to post the rest of the post the next day but was reading my own articl...
The sales function in any organization is often shrouded in awe, mystery and frequently derision. If you were to take a snap poll of start-u...
Lots of people have told me that I've led a colorful life. I'll be 31 this year and have seen and experienced a lot courtesy my dri...