- Most important rule: You might be tech/sales/BD/product guy but in a startup CEO is most imp. HR guy
- Sacrifice air/hotl miles, spend time in office w/ team. Listen, co-ordi and measure - let others acquire miles,see exotic places
- Imp CEO lesson: u r not a judge. Be a mavrick, treat diff. People differently based on the badges and scars they have earned.
- Set audacious goals - imagine you are trying to overthrow a dictator. Ensure team w/ skills to scale such heights. Not done it before.
- Ensure u connect with each individual and commit to taking care of whatever is most imp. For them so they can focus totally
- Another lesson: Remove separation between two txns with one entity and link them together if u benefit #reliance style
- Talk abt other party's P&L while keeping ur cashflow mind w dealin w bigcos. Few CEOs and BDguys knw tis trick& so do smll deals
- If u r doing a deal with some1 with no cash down, can u get further with money on table. can they give u credit to give cash??!!
- And finally - as the CEO be the good guy at the top and 'Do what you say you will do' - people must trust u to b sensible
- Never indulge in mud wrstlin/street figtin-is not done by CEOs - startup or big co. Boardroom battles are fine ;-)
- trust ur team.B clear that u will not police,violation of trust is death. U r after all overthrowin dictator
Sunday, May 16, 2010
Some CEO tips from Twitter
Feeling a bit lazy on a sunday so thought I would cross post some of my tweets. Here goes the first series: essentially a random set of tips for CEOs
For more such stuff follow me on twitter - @roshandsilva
at May 16, 2010
Given that my last post discourages entrepreneurs from raising debt apart from a few specific cases namely:- 1. Very high ROCE low risk bus...
One of the best parts of my stay in India was biking with my university friends in an around Bombay . We had a lot of fun biking to cities...
Over a pleasant open air evening at the Madinat Jumeirah I had the pleasure of spending some time with the founders of one of new ‘hot’ VoIP...
Today during the course of conversation with a new entrepreneur had to introduce myself and my career path over the past many years after a ...